« Home | Ewe-NL » | New Words » | What I Am Currently Listening To (AKA iTunes Party... » | Mu-nif-i-cent » | More Piper » | Policktical Views » | The Brick Testament » | On Studying » | Principles of Christian Hedonism » | "The Four Spiritual Laws" for Large Cats »


For those of you who don't keep up with current events, it's Monday. In fact, it was a particularly good Monday. Let's start from the beginning...

I got up a little early this morning, climbing out of bed at 4:00 a.m. I usually sleep in until 5:00 a.m., but this morning I needed to get up to study for a test scheduled for 8:30 (we'll get to that; don't worry). I always enjoy my quiet mornings to myself. Mr. Sippy, my coffee mug, and I had a great time this morning with my coffee and the iTunes classical music radio station. We worked a little, played a little, worked a little more, goofed off a little more, etc..., until it was time for breakfast. We always enjoy each other's company, but today was especially delightful.

Then, my friend Ben came to my room to go to breakfast. He was quite early this morning: only three minutes late. He was even more than semi-conscious! (Sometimes, Ben can be really grumpy in the morning.)

I then went off to take my computer science test. The test itself wasn't bad, but taking it was bittersweet. You see, I realized that this would probably be my last big assignment that I would do with the pen I've been using for the last two months. I don't name my pens because the emotional heartache when I have to give them back to God would be too great. Still, we grow very close. My pen goes with me everywhere, travelling in his special spot in my right pants pocket (on the far right side, with my mini-Bible, cell phone, and chapstick all to his left). I kept checking the ink level, knowing that I was soon going to have to break my ties with him. We made it through another day together, but I suppose that during the intense note-taking session for my Art History class tomorrow, I will lose him. Sigh...

After my classes, I went to the Mill, had a Bible study, and came home. Dinner was acceptable, and I spent the evening puzzling over a computer programming assignment and wracking my brains for something to write for this blog. It was a lazy evening, and as I write this, it is getting very late. I will soon get my coffee machine ready to go for the next morning (looking forward to another great time with Mr. Sippy), but I will also spend some extra time with my pen, knowing that his time runs short.

Such is the course of human affairs with inanimate objects; between the two grow bonds of wondrous depth and beauty, yet those bonds sometimes fade like the winter sun.

Labels: ,

hmm...i think ben and i are going to have an intervention for your sake jakob. this sort of attachment to inanimate objects is far from healthy.

unless its a 424 four-track recorder.

Question: why do you get up so early? As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate quiet mornings to myself, which involves tea/coffee and some Cat Stevens. But my "early mornings" usually begin around 7:30-8am.

Answer: Jacob's strange like that. Seriously. I talked to him tonight around 9:15 and he was yammering on about how late it was. That's not natural.

That's like ... my parents.

You're right Andrew, its not natural. Perhaps one crazy, insane night we could get him to stay up til, say, 11?

Last year we tried to pull a joint all-nighter. Jakob was going strong till about 2:30 or 3 and he hit the wall. It was quite comical actually. "I just can't make it," he said and climbed into bed. I lasted, although I had a paper (worth about a third of my grade) due the next morning which kept me motivated.

Fun times.

Give me a break here! :) It was really late that night.

Also, as I read over my post last night, I should have just gone to bed...It doesn't make much sense.

Well, anyway, I'm off to get my coffee ready for me and Mr. Sippy!

Post a Comment