« Home | Two One Wo/Man Shows » | Illness and Philosophy » | Gollum and Gifts » | Musings » | Pure Fantasy » | Merry Christmas! » | Addiction » | Slashdot Recap » | Male Bond-ing » | Interview with Piper »

MasterCoach

Creating the Lincoln College Cardinals, then coaching, recruiting, and disciplining those Cardinals for two seasons: 21 hours.

Doing a poor job disciplining, having your team for that reason put on probation for two years (which would have included the loss of 10 scholarships per year), but immediately ditching the Cardinals to accept a three-year contract with Oklahoma: 1/2 of a second (I had the choice to coach the booming Sooners or the marginal Cardinals short ten scholarships--I'm not stupid!).

Coaching my first year of Oklahoma football: 9 hours.

Going undefeated, winning the Big 12 and the National Championship, claiming the Coach of the Year Award, and having a player win the Heisman Trophy: Timeless.

There are some coaches in life who want real, flesh-and-blood human teams. For everyone else, there's EA Sports' NCAA Football 2005.

(Boomer Sooner, baby.)

Labels: ,

Ben--
In fact, I did quite a bit of reading over the break, but I think that reading theology and playing football complement each other. I'm reminded of the words (sort of) famously inscribed on Nebraska's Memorial Stadium:

"Not the theology but the action. Not the soul but the game. Yet, in the read the glory."

(Okay, this one's a pretty big stretch--the original quotation is: "Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory." Perhaps this isn't my wittiest comment ever, but not for lack of effort...

Time spent trying to write a good comeback: 2 much.)

I had a lot of fun starting by coaching Rice, 5 years later leading them to a National Championship, and a invitation to the Big 12, accepting a coaching spot at Florida; 3years, 3National Championships, Moving to Tennessee; 2 Championships; Moving to Texas A&M and winning countless National Championships... Laughing at all of the coaching offers

Hi Blogger,

As a result of reading your blog "MasterCoach", I think you will discover my directory on hair loss woman and other hair loss studies to be useful.

Why not submit your own articles on hair loss to my free directory ... sharing your information will help others and you also get the benefit of recognition and a valuable backlink to your own site. If convenient, come and take a look at my articles on hair loss now!

Best Regards
Emily

Hi Blogger,

As a result of reading your blog "MasterCoach", I think you will discover my directory on alopecia and other hair loss studies to be useful.

Why not submit your own articles on hair loss to my free directory ... sharing your information will help others and you also get the benefit of recognition and a valuable backlink to your own site. If convenient, come and take a look at my articles on hair loss now!

Best Regards
Emily

Post a Comment