« Home | The Colorado Buffaloes » | The Jacob Gerber Report » | New Music » | Buddy Lee » | I want you not to go... » | The Man With the Oversized Hats » | ISTUD » | Update » | By the Grace of God » | TGIM »

A Rush to Judgment?

I'm not really sure what to think of this. I don't really know whether to laugh at the unbelievable insanity of these people (both those who are giving and seeking help for trauma after Kerry lost the election), or whether I should tell Rush to tone it down a little bit. You can read the transcript of what Rush actually said on his program here.

I suppose, though, that this is the sort of thing that really ticks me off about the state of politics in America. There are actually people who are "absolutely terrified of what Bush will do" (a quote from the article). I am utterly shocked by this reaction. Bush is not Hitler. Clinton was not Stalin. No American president has acted in a way anywhere nearly similar to fascists, communists, or any other similar type of tyrant.

At the same time, Rush does have a tendency to be a bit caustic. He has appealed to me over the years because I have understood his sense of humor, but I can understand it if people do not like him. Since I am in a post-political-fast period of my life, I try not to listen to him too much--I can become quite cynical quite quickly if I spend too much time with Mr. Limbaugh. I about died laughing, though, when I listened to this fake public service announcement Rush aired on his program.

I believe that I am the only Rush Limbaugh fan (and only a tepid fan at most right now), so I would like to know what those of you who naturally lean to a more moderate position feel about this situation.

Labels: