« Home | A tape in hand... » | Coffee Etiquette » | Yet Another Derek Webb Post » | Embarrassment is... » | "Baby Got Book" » | Why I Am A Backpacker » | Misunderstatement » | Word of the Year » | "Dumb Things I Have Done" #4,739,201 » | This should make me the most popular kid in school... »

Thievery Lips (or Flaming Corporation)

The new Thievery Corporation album is available on iTunes. Of particular interest to Flaming Lips fans is the track "Marching the Hate Machines (Into the Sun)" which features the Lips. I suppose it's most like "All We Have is Now" or "Approaching Olympus Mons" on the Lips' end of things, while Thievery brings an even more laidback beat and subtle synth sounds.

If you like what you hear, I'd also recommend the more aggressive "Warning Shots" or eastern influenced "The Supreme Illusion" and "Satyam Shivam Sundarem."

Labels: